Monday, July 29, 2013

The Reason

I was making hubby's breakfast this morning, and packing his lunch. As I was putting the peanut butter on the bread, I began thinking about the beginning of a new work week.  The routine sandwich making was rote.  I smiled to myself as I imagined what other women would think of my breakfast and lunch making tasks.  I could just hear it.

     "Are you serious?  He's a grown man!  He can make his own breakfast and lunch!!"
     "You are spoiling him!"
     "This is not the 1950's!! Get with the times, girl!"
     "He MAKES you do that??!


Just for the record:  I am serious...Yes, he can make his own lunch...Maybe I am spoiling him, but he spoils me right back...I am aware that the year is 2013...and no, he doesn't make me...I WANT to!!  

Disclaimer:  Now in NO way am I saying that women who don't make their husband's lunch are bad wives!!!  LOL!  This is just what I choose to do!  This is one way that I show him how much I love him. Other women have to find their way of showing affection.  What's important is the motive behind the actions.

My motive is not manipulation.  If I make his lunch, he'd better do THIS for me.  It is not out of obligation, for that would be nothing more than a warped form of slavery.  My motive is not to be put in the running for the "Wife of the Year" award!  My motive is love.  It is a way to show him thanks for getting up every day at 5:30 am and working hard in the hot sun all day, to provide for us. Motive is the key behind everything.

What drives you to do the things you do?  What is the force driving you and your actions towards others?  If it is manipulation, or obligation, or attention seeking, or boredom...you may want to rethink things.  

! Corinthians 13: 1=8
I may speak in different languages, whether human or even of angels. But if I don’t have love, I am only a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal. I may have the gift of prophecy, I may understand all secrets and know everything there is to know, and I may have faith so great that I can move mountains. But even with all this, if I don’t have love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I have to help others, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing by doing all this if I don’t have love.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it. Love is never happy when others do wrong, but it is always happy with the truth.Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits.
Love will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...