Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Breeze

Do you ever feel like a crumb in the middle of a picnic full of ants?  Oh...make that a crumb covered in sugar?

Today's verse is Psalm 55:18  "He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me."

The Bible scholars differ on how this verse can be interpreted, so I'l stick with the side of the fence that touched my spirit.

Even though we constantly fight those doggone ants...they still keep coming.  Relentless, aren't they?  They come from all sides to get a piece of you.  You are brave and confident and fight as best you can (for a crumb), but it seems impossible to survive.  Then all of a sudden a strong wind comes along and begins to blow the ants away.  The invaders are gone...no longer a threat.

Yes, I know it's a strange analogy, but it's how I roll!

We fight ants every day.  Sometimes they come in the form of sugar ants: little things like battling pride and self.  Other times they are in the appearance of fire ants: financial difficulties or family issues.  Then others are the big carpenter or wood ants: cancer or a devastating loss of a loved one.

 But take heart.  The psalm shows us the PROMISE that God gives us.  He HAS DELIVERED my soul IN PEACE.  God has not forgotten us.  He WILL deliver us.  And peace is possible...even though we may not feel it at the moment.

And don't forget the last part: for there were many with me.  Now this is the part where the scholars differ.  It could mean there are many against me...which we know to be true...or I like to look at it from the other side of the fence...there are many who are with me.  Fellow Christians who are praying for me and standing with me before the Throne of the Father.  Their prayers are the wind blowing those ants away from their food source.  Their prayers are the Breath of God blowing the enemy away.

So keep fighting.  There is a breeze starting to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...