Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kisses from God

Have you ever experienced an unexpected answer to a problem, without you even voicing the problem out loud?  I've experienced this many times, but one particular "kiss from God" comes to mind. 

When our kids were younger, we went through a couple of tough spells, financially. It was getting close to Christmas, and my husband and I were wondering what we were going to do.  We didn't say anything to anyone, but secretly tried to figure out how we were going to pull this off.

One Sunday, a week or so before Christmas, our pastor came up to my husband and slipped an envelope in his pocket.  He said that someone had wanted to give it to us, and he was just making a delivery.  It was enough to let our four children have a nice Christmas.  We never found out who our benefactor was. A few days later, a knock came to our door, and a very special couple said that they wondered if our two little boys would like to have a train set that their boys had outgrown. The kids were thrilled!  I'll never forget that feeling of awe and wonder.  How did they know??  We hadn't said a word  But God knew.

 How amazing is that?  On second thought, why should we be surprised?  Psalm 44:21 tells us: 
"would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?"
God knows each of our hearts.  He knows the innermost secrets that we hold.  The most awesome thing is, the Creator of the Universe, the great I AM, actually cares about every aspect of our lives.  He cares and provides answers to the problems we face.  He will place people that we need at exactly the right time. He does this because He loves us and wants good things for those who love Him.  Psalm 139 is full of the proof of how much God cares for us:
New Life Version (NLV)
 O Lord, You have looked through me and have known me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You understand my thoughts from far away. You look over my path and my lying down. You know all my ways very well. Even before I speak a word, O Lord, You know it all.You have closed me in from behind and in front. And You have laid Your hand upon me. All You know is too great for me. It is too much for me to understand.Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I run away from where You are? If I go up to heaven, You are there! If I make my bed in the place of the dead, You are there! If I take the wings of the morning or live in the farthest part of the sea, 10 even there Your hand will lead me and Your right hand will hold me. 11 If I say, “For sure the darkness will cover me and the light around me will be night,” 12 even the darkness is not dark to You. And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are the same to You.13 For You made the parts inside me. You put me together inside my mother. 14 I will give thanks to You, for the greatness of the way I was made brings fear. Your works are great and my soul knows it very well. 15 My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret and put together with care in the deep part of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw me before I was put together. And all the days of my life were written in Your book before any of them came to be.
This doesn't mean that we won't go through more 'tough times', but when we do, our "kisses from God" help us to remember that God is never far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...