Saturday, April 23, 2011

Darkest Before The Dawn

                                            
     I hate the dark.  At times, it almost puts me in a panic to be in complete darkness.  I remember being a kid, and feeling so anxious if there wasn't some sort of nightlight, or source of light around me.  Perhaps it is because of my eyesight.  If I'm in a dark, unfamiliar area I get very uneasy.
     Ironically, if I know the layout of where I am, I'm not as nervous. I can usually find what I'm looking for pretty easily.  Knowing where you are makes a big difference.
     In the time between the crucifixion and the resurrection, Jesus knew where He was.  His body was physically dead, but His spirit was very much alive.  Where was He?  According to Ephesians and 1 Peter, Jesus went into the 'depths of the earth' or 'Hades' to speak to those who were imprisioned.  Who was that?  No one can know for sure.  Some think it was the people of Noah's time...others think it was those who died around the time of the crucifixion.  Irregardless, Jesus knew where He was. 
     The 'depths of the earth'.  Can you imagine the darkness that surrounds that place?  The pitch-black chasm is darker than a coal miners cavern.  In that obscure area, a small ray of light begins to permiate the ebony abyss.  The Spirit of God illuminates the area, and Jesus reveals Himself to those who had turned a blind eye to the Heavenly Father.
     Do you know where you are?  Do you know where Jesus is?  He is standing at the darkened door of your heart, knocking. Don't turn a blind eye to Him.  Open the door and let the Light in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...