Thursday, December 13, 2012

Another Nail




Here we go again.  Have you ever had one of those relationships with someone, where you wonder, "What next?"

We were wondering that last week.

We had tried once more to give this person a break...and were disappointed and hurt.  I told Steve, "It's like another nail (in the relationship)."

Another nail.  Quickly, another nail came to my mind.  Three of them, actually.  They were hammered into a beam of wood...for me.  They were driven through Flesh...for me.  So that I may have forgiveness for the times that I choose to do what I want to do, instead of what God wants me to do.

Jesus made the choice to take those nails for me.  So what do I do in return?  I choose to make MORE selfish decisions, over and over.

 I wonder what He's thinking.

"AGAIN???" "It's like another nail!!"  "Will she EVER learn?!"

And yet, He loves me.  He knows that I mess up....and He loves me.  He hates the sin...but loves the sinner.

I have no choice but to do the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...